Tuesday 27 July 2010

242 - smart

Like how this smart, neat, seriously together business woman...

...produced a smart, neat little sketch.

How much does the outward appearance of the subject affect the way you draw them, the marks you make, the way your hand moves ? That sounds head slappingly obvious, but do you know what I mean? Does your assumed 'mood' of a person spill over into yourself as you draw them ? Is sketching someone the closest to an empathic connection you can ever have with strangers ?

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I know what you mean. And, yes, it does influence me. Occasionally, I look back over various pieces of art I've painted and it almost looks like different people painted them ... didn't really think about the style I was painting in at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all connected, even if we don't know it.

    ReplyDelete