Wednesday 24 April 2013

After hands... heads.

For a bit of hand eye co-ordination. See what I did there ? Did ya ? Did Ya ? What I did ? .....Oh never mind...

This guy knew I was sketching him and would not keep still. So I ended up with a page of false starts which I quite like.


Whereas this guy was so lost in tired daydreaming I think a meteor could have struck us all down and he would have been left blinking in the rubble saying " Sorry, I missed that ? " 


This one was also done on the way home from life drawing, and it amuses me that I used pencil instead of my usual weapon of choice, pen. Like that was the mode I had been set on that night, and nothing was going to change that. Like I had gone back to the factory default settings. And I was conscious at the time I couldn't get the shading as dark as I wanted, but it didn't figure to me why until much later.

4 comments:

  1. The second guy looks like he's worrying over something. Lovely drawings, Keith!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't thought of that Jeff. Worry will cancel out a meteor strike any day of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cross-hatching on the second guy's face... not too much; just enough, just right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting that after work stubble darkened jowl thing.

    ReplyDelete