Saturday 3 November 2012

Slow.

Been taking my time with sketches just lately. Have been in situations where I had subjects very stationary and could spend longer on them.

So spending more on shading and looking for the weight of them.


This one was about 10 mins.

And this one closer to 15 mins.


And whilst I like the end results, I have already reached the point where I can find little purpose in them. They feels somehow backwards, not progressing to any point.  Lazy, even.

Need to think more on this.

4 comments:

  1. If I could improve my drawing I would still only be at stick figure level...with a fat caryon! I think you have a very good eye for detail, I like their faces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about the end result, just enjoy that fat crayon, and go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the hatching, I'm supprised you have enough time. You must have found some very sedate people or be drawing them very fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have taken to drugging my subjects. A little ground up Valium in their unwatched Starbucks and they get nicely still and mellow.

    What ? I see nothing wrong in that !

    ReplyDelete