Saturday 26 April 2014

Body Brace

A man got on the train the other day and he was bolted into one of those head / body frames. And all the questions start running round your head. " What happened ?" " Does it hurt ?" " How does it fix to you ?"

He rested himself stiffly back into the seat and closed his eyes for the whole journey.

To block out the discomfort ? Or to avoid our sideways looks and unspoken questions ? Do we never grow out of the playground attitude to the different ?


I think he was immensely brave. If that was me I would guess the instinct would be to stay home. Or at least have a companion to travel with.

Swift recovery Sir.


1 comment:

  1. Agreed. I wouldn't want to leave the house. Even without the pain (if any) I imagine it would be a body of work just to get dressed and mobile. But maybe his grit is what is aiding his recovery? If so I hope he gets out a lot more.

    ReplyDelete